It can be really hard to get out of your warm cosy bed on a cold winter morning. Below is a simple routine that you can follow to make winter morning’s a bit easier and to set you up for the day ahead.
- Wake up with your alarm – Instead of hitting the snooze button (tempting as that may be) make time for some gentle stretches to start your day. Take a deep breath and extend your arms and legs as much as possible. Stretch to reach your toes and then to raise your arms up towards the sky. This stretching will help you release stress from the previous day and set a positive mood for the day ahead.
2. Express Gratitude – Before getting out of bed take a moment to express gratitude for your life and the things in it that make you happy (you can do this in your head or in your journal). Starting the day with gratitude has been shown to help with being more positive and happy during the day.
3. Plan your day – Take a few moments to consider what tasks you need to complete today and prioritise them.
4. Move – Starting your day with some form of movement helps prepare you for the day ahead – this could be a yoga practice, a walk, a run or whatever feels good for you. Keeping active may reduce the risk of body aches in Winter.
5. Meditation – Take a few moments to slow down, focus on your breathing and set an intention for the day ahead.
6. Shower – A nice warm shower is a great way to energise and prepare for the day ahead.
7. Moisturise – Take time to moisturise your skin as the dry air in winter takes moisture away from your skin. Ensure to keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water during the day.
8. Breakfast – Make sure to give yourself enough time to enjoy your breakfast without rushing. A good breakfast is vital to start your metabolism and give you energy for the day ahead.
Now that you have completed your morning routine you are all set to begin your day – hope it is a good one.